Cold Starting...again

  I realize that this topic has been around a few times already, but my
86 16v is still having cold start problems.  I have taken various suggestions
from the list and tried some grounding of my own...here's a list of what
I've tried so far...
  1.  Battery Neg. - to directly below the airbox on the frame (2 guage cable)
  2.  Battery Neg. - to ignition coil on firewall (4 guage wire)
  3.  Battery Neg. - to alternator housing...mounting bolt (4 guage wire)
  4.  Battery Pos. + to starter (2 guage cable)
  5.  Starter to Alternator (4 guage wire)
*Basically, I have replaced all factory cables and then added a few extra
grounds.
    The rocco has this starting problem when the engine is cold...
The engine cranks over fairly well (still seems to crank a bit weaker when
it's
below 40 F outside).  The starter sounds normal and cranks fairly
consistently.
Once the engine does fire, everything seems fine...engine runs normally.
The engine starts right away after it is warm and has been running for a
while.
Hmmmm...I just must be missing something here. I am still trying to figure
out if I still have a simple grounding case or if I am to the point of needing
to have the car's fuel system looked at... There are so many factors to having
a good start that I just don't know enough.
   My car has about 110,000 miles (odo. stopped) and has had no work done
to the original fuel system besides new Bosch fuel filter (a few months ago).
Also, I just got a new battery back in the summer.
   I would REALLY appreciate any further thoughts on this...fortunately the
rocco still does start...just takes some time sometimes...

Benjamin Harder
86.5 Scirocco 16v
http://members.xoom.com/Scirocco16v