RE: [TECH][Fuel Injectors]

Jody,

There is a great tool available. SP tools makes it and sells it through
autotech. It is a little L-shaped tool, with a U-shaped cutout in the
short segment for the injector to go into, and then slots in the long
segment for a prybar (i.e. flathead screwdriver).  You then just use the
valve cover and a screwdriver to lever off the injector. Pops off
nicely.

The problem I had was getting them back on. I couldn't push them back in
so I tried to use the tool and then push on that with a screwdriver.
Ended up stabbing my pinky pretty bad. Still healing (4 weeks later).
Then I took a really big screwdriver and ground out a notch in it so it
wouldn't slip anymore. That worked in the end, but only after lots of
grunting and pushing. The #4 injector especially, it's tucked away
nicely.

I highly suggest getting the tool. It's only $6, and autotech will have
it to you in a few days.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco