Re: [non-rocco] 91 Jetta GLI bucking bronco

i heard about something similar in a 1990 supra.  the thing idled
nicely, it was all in good order in every respect except for when you
tried to drive it.  it would buck all over the place.  it turns out that
one of the main intake hoses was all dried and cracked on the bottom,
and whenever the engine torqued over, it would expose the cracks to
outside air and throw the whole system out of whack.  i dunno if the
same could apply in this situation, but it'd be worth a shot, i s'pose.

>   Anyone have any ideas why my buddies 91 Jetta GLI would buck at 2500rpm
> and in 1st gear?  If you try to drive the car at a steady pace in the
> lower gears and lower RPMs, the car just bucks like a damn horse.  It
> lunges forward and stop, lunges and stops.  Any and all ideas are welcome.

jason
the mad bastard