Re: New Run of Kamei Scirocco 1 (1974-1981) Front Spoilers

At 09:47 11/6/98 -0500, Mark A Peele wrote:
>I just spoke with Brad at Elecrodyne:
>
>Electrodyne is planning to make a new limited run of Kamei front spoilers
>for the Scirocco I. Contact Brad Meyer at Electrodyne at this address to
>express your desire for a Kamei MK1 front spoiler - chetv@racdyn-usa.com
>- He said it is important that you contact him to ensure that "they are
>guaranteed delivery when they are made" - if you don't let him know, they
>may sell out before you get a chance.
>
>Here is an opportunity Scirocco nuts - JUMP ON IT!
>
>Mark . . .   (THINK VW) keep the non-VW posts to yourself!

I talked to Brad also on the phone on Friday...he was a bit surprised at
the possible interest level in the airdam.  He said they are making a
limited production run of 7 or 10 (I forget which) for some racers, and
that those are all spoken for, but that they may well extend the run based
on interest, ie they don't want to be stuck having to stockpile unsold
units.

I told him that there are several people on this list who are interested
and that we would get a show of hands to let him know how many.  Of course
some of that interest depends on price, and he wasn't sure of that and a
couple of other details since he wasn't the lead on this project, but he
thinks the racers' dams go for about $85.  That's the price for purchasing
and shipping "in bulk".

I asked if they would extend that price to us and if so, whether we had to
place our orders as one big one and have it shipped to one address.  He
said he'd check into it.  If that is the case perhaps we can coordinate
with Potterman and/or Mark of Adirondack since they have experience with
this sort of thing...

I'll phone him again on Thursday to find out pricing/ordering/shipping info
from him and tell him the number of interested buyers.

So...what you need to do is email me back if you want one, so I can get
head count info from him.  After that we'll see how to proceed.

Cheers,
Joachim

Joachim and Belinda and Hobi and Griffin in Houston, TX
...and now Lucky, the rescue kitten, too!
beekj@ghg.net

If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?