Re: The hunt and strut replacement continues...

At 05:55 PM 11/7/98 -0500, Matt Willey wrote:
>    Well, everybody, I just spent three hours driving around Indiana.  Not
>in my Scirocco, since it is still up on a jack.  I can not get the nut off
>this stupid strut.  I have spent a small fortune trying though.   I found a
>box end wrench that dipped, but the angle won't clear the top of the
>housing.  So, that will not go on.  I know someone said to use a 7mm hex
>wrench, well that is why I have been driving all around.

    Sears sells a 7mm 3/8 drive hex. You can take a socket (22,21,20 mm ;
whichever yours uses) and grind "flats" on two sides that you can grip with
a wrench (crescent or other) I bought a 22mm offset wrench from Autotech.
Too much $ but it works well.
              HTH

Gerry