The hunt and strut replacement continues...

    Well, everybody, I just spent three hours driving around Indiana.  Not
in my Scirocco, since it is still up on a jack.  I can not get the nut off
this stupid strut.  I have spent a small fortune trying though.   I found a
box end wrench that dipped, but the angle won't clear the top of the
housing.  So, that will not go on.  I know someone said to use a 7mm hex
wrench, well that is why I have been driving all around.

    After taking scenic tours of Wal-Mart, Meijer, Auto Zone, Pep Boys,
Lowes, Menards, and Target, I have conceded that this things does not exist.
All of the sets skip from 6 to 8mm.  Anyway, this is half whining, and half
a quest for suggestions.  Anyone have any, please.  Thanks for your time.

Matt