Re: SEMA cars and vendors present (LONG)

In a message dated 11/5/98 3:20:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, glxtasy@juno.com
writes:

> EIP was there with a turbo intercooled VR6 engine on a stand in the
>  hall.  They were a couple of rows over from the Hoppen booth.  Reported
>  over 400hp in street cars for the VR6 turbo and no problems.
Ok, I saw this part and just HAD to reply. I know someone with their "kit" and
thank GOD he did the work himself. I'm not going to get into JIP, oops I mean
EIP Tuning, their customers have said enough to me. What I CAN tell you is
this. This guy I know In the VA area has a VR6 Corrado running in the 11.40's
range on their "kit" w/o NOS on full interior, daily driver. He has approx.
385Hp @ the wheels. Now, here comes the fun part. This engine has been TOTALLY
built. Pistons, rods, raceware everything, Paxton fuel delivery, management,
TEC II, injectors, the WORKS. He's running 19psi of boost. The "kit" is
capable of delivering 22psi. Don't let these jokers fool you. We've done one
of their "kits" as well. It's not "bolt-on" like they say. Sure, you can bolt
it on and it'll run ok. It takes serious money, time, tuning, and knowledge to
see it's full potential. I've seen alot of empty promises and wallets from
these guys. Be VERY careful if you intend to do business with these guys. I
don't want to see anyone go through what alot of other have. Peace out guys.

Frank