Re: Dual exhaust manifold/diesel exhaust manifold

At 11:42 AM 11/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The manifolds on all Rabbits & Sciroccos through 1981 are the 4 into 2
>(dual manifold). This is what you're looking for.
>
>Manifolds 1980&prior have no 02 fitting (non CA cars).
>
>The diesel manifold will work (and is the same), but has no 02 fitting.
>To use this and be legal, you will need a downpipe that is equiped for
>the O2 sensor.

 And while you said you didn't want to go with Techtonics, I would
recommend using their downpipe with whichever manifold you can find. They
will weld an O2 fitting on for you. I tried using a stock dual downpipe and
manifold from a pre 81 car, and it didn't work on my 85. The manifold was
fine, but the downpipe came up a few inches short. The Techtonics downpipe
will be the right length, and mine held up great for the few years that I
owned that car after doing the conversion.

Brad