A/C fixed

  I picked up my car from VW Specialties today. I had to have the A/C
compressor replaced on my 16V. Ron replaced the compressor, receiver/dryer,
and upgraded the system(washer and seal kit) to handle R-134, and of course
charged and tested it. The price for parts and labor, excluding the
compressor and receiver/dryer was $260. I had an inside connection on the
compresor and receiver/dryer, so I brought those parts in for him to
install. Not only is Ron extremely pleasant to deal with, and very
knowledgeable, he's also got about the most reasonable prices around. I had
to wait about a week to get my car in there to get it worked on, but it was
more than worth it.
I'll find out tomorrow how the AC fares in the midday sun, but it was
really kickin on the way home this evening.

  While I was getting ready to leave, guess who rolls up? None other than
Doug and Ian. So we talked for a little while, showed off our cars to each
other. We really do need to set up a time/place for us 3 and Kevin to meet up.

Brad

- --