Re: Need steel wheels for AUTOX

- --Chris Chemidlin <spredhaus@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Well, if you are serious about auto-x you would be much better off
> >with the lightest weight wheels you can find (I run TSW Quads
10lbs).

> Cool! I used to work at a wheel distributor, and everybody used to
bust
> on the quad. I loved that wheel, it was so light! How are they
holding
> up- or are they just for auto-xing? Those wheels might be a good buy
> right now because they weren't that popular. Your keen sense of value
> must be atributed to your fine selection of old automobiles!

My Quads are dedicated to my Auto-X effort although I have driven them
about 100 miles on the Ohio Streets without a problem.  They seem to
be holding up great actually.  I snagged them from RPI or is it Dennon
now?  for $84.00 a piece.  Mine are 14x6 35ET.

I just corded 2 of my BFG R1's so I made the switch to Kumho's (I LIKE
EM!!).

I have updated my Scirocco Page with mucho Autocross content (no
flames for the Civic Pictures they are my toughest competition).  You
can access it through my sig below.  You can see the TSW QUADS there.
==
- -Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan
98 Beetle TDi