Re: Need help installing rod bolts/piston pin

I just got through doing this on my Corrado.  You have to remove the piston/rod
assembly first.  The bolt is well planted into the rod and when you pound on it
while it's in the engine you are just separating the bottom bearing cap from the
rod itself.  If you pound on it anymore, you will damage the journal on the crank
and this is real bad.  Remember, your supposed to cover the exposed thread on the
bold with a rubber tube so it'd wount rub against the crank journals!

With the rod out of the engine, I was able to hold it with my left hand and tap is
with a medium weight hammer a few times til it comes off.  They will come off.
Now, getting the pistons back in is the real fun part.  You'll need a $10 ring
compressor.

Good luck!