RE: Hello'

On Sunday, January 18, 1998 10:29 AM, Lee Crawford
[SMTP:ldc@planet.eon.net] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bought a 84' Scirocco and it needs alot of work, so I'll probably
be asking for alot of advice come this summer.  Right now I'm looking for a
reseller where I can get new carpets/seat skins/leather/etc.  I'm in Canada
(Edmonton, Alberta) so I'd prefer a Canadian reseller -parts just seem to
get here faster when they don't have to go through customs...

> Oh ya, I need a new dashboard... does anyone have any experience
replacing them?  I know I don't so I could use some advice.

> Well have a good weekend,
>
> Lee
>  << File: ATT00010.html >>

Hi Lee -

Welcome to the list!

I'm located in Maple Ridge, BC, and I've had pretty good results with Ron's
Parts Inc, in Port Coquitlam (a short drive from Vancouver.) They wreck a
ton of VWs, and when I was in their warehouse looking for a dash, I saw
dozens of interior pieces...

The other thing that I'd suggest to you is the Buy&Sell, our local adpaper,
also based in Vancouver. Check out www.buysell.com. Like I said, mostly
Vancouver stuff, but you  might run in to someone who wouldn't mind
throwing the stuff on the bus for you...

The dash job isn't as bad as you might think. Just take your time, and make
sure that all of the bolts and screws are out before you begin reefing on
it. My best, and likely everyone else's best advice to you would be to
march on down to your Local VW dealer and get yourself a Bentley manual. It
will become your bible. If you were in the States, or didn't mind paying
duty/customs/GST/brokerage fees at the border, I'd tell you to get in touch
with the Potterman, or Mark @ Adirondack parts. They are the two resident
parts Gurus on the list.

Good Luck!

Greg