Re: Coil change(cold start prob)

---Paul Hanley <duckie@199.45.32.39> wrote:

> >Wow.  but if you disconnect the cold start injectors electrical you
> >are fine correct?
> >
> Kinda. It turns right over with the CS valve disconnected, but the
idle is
> still kinda low (900-1.1k) and lumpy. Doesn't really run well until
warm.
> The mixture is good also, so I can't frigger it out.

Hmm, 900rpm is where it is supposed to be when warm.  Honestly, even
mine runs terrible for the first 5 min until warm but my actual cold
starting is cured.  Actually, mine fires up instantly, runs kick ass
for about 30sec->1min, then runs similar to what you describe until
5min later.  I do know for a fact I have an exhaust leak in 2 places
which I attribute my problem, but yours has got me baffled.

After this morning I am ready to move in next door to Shawn in San
Diego. :-)  I wish it would either SNOW like mad closing everything
down and leaving snow down for more than a day, instead of this BS one
day snow & a ton of salt everywhere, follwed by snow melting & mud,
followed by 65 degrees and turrentel downpoars, follwed by 10degrees
and freezing rain.....Ooops, sorry, rambling.

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan
90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
87 Scirocco 16v E-Stock
87 Jetta GLi
63 Bug Sunroof
"Friends don't let friends drive MINI-VANS!!!!"