Re: Coil change(cold start prob)

Paul Hanley wrote:

> >> Well, I changed my coil Saturday, but my cold start problem still
> >exists.
> >> Idles low unless I rev the engine once or twice, then it idles at
> >about
> >> 1.05-1.1k. As I rev the engine, it stumbles. This is still too low,
> >and
> >> when the aux air regulator closes, then it idles at about 900.
> >
> >Wow.  but if you disconnect the cold start injectors electrical you
> >are fine correct?
> >
> Kinda. It turns right over with the CS valve disconnected, but the idle is
> still kinda low (900-1.1k) and lumpy. Doesn't really run well until warm.
> The mixture is good also, so I can't frigger it out.

	I've been reading up alot about this problem (I have it too, on my
'81), something else you should check is the fuel pressure regulator.
In the Haynes manual they also refer to it as 'a warm up regulator'.
The resistance on it is supposed to be between 16 and 22 ohms (on mine
it's 13ohms).  Also they say to disconnect the auxilary air valve
electrical connector and the connector on the pressure regulator and
measure the voltage across the wires, which should be at least 11.5
volts.  I'm going to replace mine fairly soon (as soon as it warms up)
and I'll post if the change helped any.

vagabond