Re: Dammnit! I need stronger rims...

---"Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> consider them worth keeping. I want to keep the size at 15 x 6.5"
and my
> options are limited. Soooo.... any reason why I should run away from
the
> Konigs? Or does anyone have any other suggestions for a *very*
strong but
> reasonably light rim in this same size? (By the way, I'm looking at
the Konigs
> GT-Rs only because they are the correct size and they look nice.)

In my quest for light weight auto-x wheels, I have found out alot.
The Koenig are probably a safe bet for strength, they are however in
the 15-19lb range (similar to stock weight).  However, from what I
have been told (no first hand experience) the ABT road wheels featured
by AMS http://www.advancedmotorsports.com are some of the "strongest"
wheels available.  They are made in Germany.  NOTE:  ABT not to be
confused with ATS (no longer in the US).

You may want to check with Jim Buck, he seems to have some wheels and
info.  Right Jim?

> Oh, one more thing. To aid me in my quest for sponsorship, I will be
producing
> a semi-professional 15 -30 minute promotional film. It'll be full of
in/out of
> car footage of the guys and me sliding through turns, taking jumps,
etc.
> (-Sorry, no roll overs, YET!) Would anyone care to pick up a copy
whenever I
> finish this thing?

I wouldn't mind viewing it.  Let me know when it's done.  More
propaganda to add to my "Convert to VW" stash for converting friends
to the VW way of life. ;-)

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan
90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
87 Scirocco 16v E-Stock
87 Jetta GLi
63 Bug Sunroof
"Friends don't let friends drive MINI-VANS!!!!"