Re: Rim Help

---Carrie Ann Tess <ctess@mail.lidgerwood.com> wrote:

 To make a long story short my tire had a gash in it and I cracked the
rim.  The rim could not be fixed or so they said I thought it really
wasn't all that bad but what do I know.  So meanwhile I am freakin'
out wondering how much all this is going to cost!  The guy I think is
having troubles finding a rim.  The price he gave me was $225.00 for a
used clear coated one.  Is that a good price?

I assume you have teardrops?  Hang on to the center cap as that alone
is like $40.00 NEW.  Insane--YES.  Call Potterman I think he can set
you up with a NEW Canadian mfg (as opposed to lesser quality
Mexico/Brazile) one for around $110.00.  I have seen the Mex/Brz ones
for $89.00 NEW.  Or check for a used one.  -or- go with some new
aftermarkets all the way around.

I would not pay more than $50.00 for a used one though.

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan
90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
87 Scirocco 16v E-Stock
87 Jetta GLi
63 Bug Sunroof
"Friends don't let friends drive MINI-VANS!!!!"