Re: Pics of camber plates/Weld wheels

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Shawn C Meze wrote:

> Wuff!

Arf!

> Nice wheels! Are they Steel? Hmm, how much did you say you paid for
> these?

They're alloy, 10#, $160 apiece (although I did have to tell Jeff at
Weld that I would put stickers on my car for it - haven't put them
on yet but I fully intend to).  Have had *no* problems with them at
all.

> If im ever working again, i'd like to get a set of 13X9's to be
> competitive with the rest of my competitors. (Im the last sucker on
> 13X6's in DSP.. Sux.)

13x6?  And you're squeezing 215/50-13 BFGs on them?  Scary...  13x9s
would definitely be better - I found them to be significantly better
than my 13x8s (although some of that has got to be the weight difference).

> Do you think you could of made the pix of your car ANY smaller??  :)
> It looks good! Much better than I remember seeing it. Maybe it was that
> your hood was not looking too good that day I was there.

My hood still looks crummy... you just can't really see it in that pic.
The rest of my car looks OK - the silver paint doesn't really seem to
get dirty.  In fact (and I know everyone will be horrified by this), in
the 1.5 years that I've had the car I have *never* intentionally washed
it.  Snowmelt seems to do enough of a job by itself... :)

I will rescan the photos and put up some bigger ones, though.

> The pix of Mannix's car looks like hes got some fat ass wheels on the
> rear! DANG!!

He's got exactly the same wheels that I do.

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/