Re: Back home and timing belt covers

> Date:          Mon, 05 Jan 1998 03:25:21 +0100
> To:            scirocco-l@privateI.com
> From:          Jason <jtcst20+@pitt.edu>
> Subject:       Re: Back home and timing belt covers

> Rick,
>  you're just a little bit too relaxed about all these problems.  I
>  would
> not be as pleasant as you.  If this is any indication of my future
> reliability... tell me NOW!  AAA or no AAA, I think I'd have to take
> drastic measures! :(
>  Better luck in the future... <gulp>
>    Jason

Jason,

It wasn't all that bad.  Armed with the things I learned from the
rocco mailing list I was able to get things going pretty quickly.
The fuel pump relay only took a total of 2 hours from the time we
broke down to get back on the road.  That included my initial
troubleshooting, calling the tow truck, geting towed and finding the
donor car....not too bad really.

The timing belt tensioner we got lucky too, it really didn't slow us
down as we were pulling off to get some rest, it just cost me a few
hours sleep.  See, it did bother me a bit :)

Our cars are finicky little buggers, and do require some patience.
They're not the most reliable cars on the road, but are usually
repaired fairly easily...... just get AAA and keep reading this email
list :)

Rick
rsl@kendra.com
Richard.Lackner@entex.com