Re: [cams]

John,
Sorry, but no. I have miked the two cams side by side, and the G-
grind and the 1600 cc cam are not nearly the same. The 1600 is the
best American cam I have miked, but I have not tried the 1500. All of
these are listed in Greg Raven's book about tuning Watercooled front
drive VW's.
            Geoff
PS: I just received my copy of Per Schroeder's new VW tuning book,
and it looks very factual, and has lots of advice that directly
relating to modifications within SCCA's rules. There is not much new
information compared to Raven's book, but stays with legal autocross
/ road race modifications which are very diffrent than the normal
street mods due to the rules...