Re: strut bearings

On Tue, 06 Jan 1998 15:16:59 -0500 Etrik <etrik@pure-research.net>
writes:

>Best advice I can give you is to replace both of them with OEM "German"
>bearings (Contact Mark at mark@germanautoparts.com). You should replace
>both because if one went bad, the other is sure to follow, and you'll
>need an alignment too.
>Etrik

I completely agree but there is a way to replace the upper strut bearings
without changing your alignment. It takes a little longer to do but the
end result is that you don't need to get it aligned. Then again, if the
strut bearing is really bad, new ones might change the alignment a little
anyways, so maybe your better off getting it set anyways. Its only $30-40
and a day of your life. (Waiting for it to be done.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and