Re: Jetta GT Vs GLX ?

coutinho.ka@pg.com wrote:

> All,
>
>       I know this isn't a Jetta list but I was just wondering if anyone had test
> driven BOTH the Jetta GT and the GLX and could shed some light on both cars.
>
>      Here in Canada, I believe the GLX is about 10K more than the GT and
> apparently all you get for that is the VR6 engine. (mebbe leather).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin.

In the US, the GLX is about $21,000 the GT is about $16,500 or $17,000.
Highlights of the GLX over the GT include 15x7 inch alloy rims, leather,
and the VR6 engine.  There are other ancillary advantages to the GLX,
but the extra $4,000 for the GLX is absolutely worth it when you go to
pass that Bimmer on the Queensway who thinks he's setting the pace.
:-)

--
Jim Buck,
ES #99