Under-engine cover Part II

Re r.a.m. headed   Benefits of an Engine Undercover
On 1/2/98 TBerk wrote:

Tosha Berk wrote..
> Anyone have any experience with an under-engine-bay-full-cover?
> (Needs a better name)
> Would be segmented/jointed to allow for suspension movement.   Would
> allow for wheel lock to wheel lock without tire rubbing.    Say; one
> piece each anchored to the lower control arms, one large central piece
> down the middle.    Attach at the front to the airdam. Perhaps leave
> area between engine and firewall clear to help create lower pressure
> here, helping to pull air through the grill and out the back/ bottom.
> Lots of people put on chin spoilers, side skirts. This might not be
> showy, but might be functional.
>
> Potential benefits: improved aerodynamics, aid to ram-air induction
> applications at speed, greater cooling efficiency, ect.
>
> I invite you to brainstorm w/ me.
>
> Racers? been there, done that?
>
> TBerk

A few years ago, Autotech made a front spoiler and belly pan. It improved
top speed by about 15km/h on an 85 GTI. Sounds interesting, huh? Just make
sure that there is room at the back to allow airflow out of the engine bay.
Regards,
	Pete Mills