Re: Stock rule's

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Paul Krucke wrote:

> Wow, so like would it be a sin to REMOVE my REAR wiper jug & pump?
> Hmmm what else....Oh geeze almost forgot I do not have any HOOD
> insulation on my hood. Uh Oh the 2lbs that saves might shave a second
> a two...;-)

I don't know if it's a sin, but it might get you protested if there
weren't any Sciroccos that came that way... :)

The guy that Mannix mentioned (black GTI with an illegal rear strut bar)
finished one place ahead of me at Nationals.  I definitely subscribe to
the philosophy of not protesting people for small stuff - but I've got to
say that after the first day, when I was one place out of the trophies,
it got *real* tempting to protest him.  I think that at Nationals, people
who would otherwise never care about a missing rear wiper will notice
their priorities change somewhat when a trophy is on the line.

I didn't protest him - I convinced myself that the reason Mr. Burgess beat
me that first day was my fault, not his (I drove, uh, poorly the first day).
Not everyone is as forgiving as me, though. :)  If you go to Nationals,
stop counting on the good graces of your fellow competitors - do your best
to make *everything* legal.  I'm not trying to sound cynical on purpose,
just saying that at big events, small stuff starts to matter.

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/