Trnk lids - 2pc vs 1pc

This relates to previous posts concerning using a later one piece lid
with a car that originally came with a two piece (Mk2):

Since the clips for the two piece (under the wing) are out of the
question (and it has been noted that the later lid straps attached near
the hatch strut mounts), I looked at my hatch (1982) and noticed that
there are two plastic plugs in precisely that location.

My natural assumption is that I should get clips for the later model and
mount them there - any comments?

Also, I noticed that the clips immediately behind the seats were not
correct for the one piece lid - must get later clips.