good news!!

Today I dropped my 16v Scirocco off at the collision and body shop
with my 2 fenders and the strait hood, $2300 and 2 weeks later
(hopefully) I should have my scirocco back completely fixed from my
wreck with the curb last year (frame is still tweaked) and all the
dings, dents etc fixed and painted. Gosh I love the holidays. from
the quality of paint job they did on my friends C (David's G60)
the car should look like it just rolled out the factory. A few things
to note, I removed the black pillar stickers, they'll be tornado red,
the hatch stickers are being removed and painted gloss black, the
complete door handles, seals, armor door plates are all going to be
painted t. red, molding and pin striping will be stripped, grille
emblem will be sanded and painted, bumpers will be sanded and
painted, all windshield wipers will be painted t red. also the rear
emblems will be painted t. red. headlight housings will be
painted black...Should look bitchin when completed!

also some news on the cabriolet as I just got and installed the
Neuspeed lowering springs. they also fit the scirocco mk1 so it's
semi relevant to this list. My Cab seemed to sit higher than any
scirocco, w/ 13" rims and 175/whatevers I had at least a 4-5 finger
gap. upon dissassembling the car I discovered Boge struts in back,
they are yellow and say gas filled, plus they look like they have an
ajustment on top like my front konis..what kinda struts are these?
the front ones looked and prob are stock. also the front strut
buishing (big rubber thing on top..what condition means it's blow?
one is like 5mm above the bumpstop thingy and they other is resting
almost ontop of it. is the strut with the top metal plate 5mm above
the bushing fried? I think it's time to get new inserts for the
front...anyways back to the springs, I installed the rear springs and
it only seemed to drop it down to 3 fingers (i have skinny fingers)
so I did the fronts, but cut 1 coil off each front spring, worked out
good, i have a 1 3/4" gap between the top of the tire and the fender
lip, and the rears are a 2" gap, looks real good, so I left the rear
springs uncut. ride is great, handles well but one of the struts are
bottoming out i believ due to a bad bushing or strut, i tried the
kneee on the bumper test and the passenger side front is kinda
bouncy. i still have plenty of room to safely drop it another 1"
with these tires but i'll wait till I get some 15's on there soon to
make sure i dont drop it too far.

thanks for listening, i took lotsa pics as soon as i get em developed
when my car gets out....yahooo!

Ryan