Re: broken frame?

My '86 Scirocco had a broken frame, it cracked right behind the left control
arm mount at the back, just behind the swaybar. I used a hydraulic jack to jack
it back into place, and then had somebody weld it. It lasted 6 months, and then
broke again. This time I jacked it back into place again, put a Neuspeed lower
stressbar in place to hold it there. It drove fine like this, but I didn't want
to bend the stressbar, so I had a professional welder put a nice think bead of
metal on there, and then I covered it with POR-15 because I think that the
reason the last weld broke was that it rusted through- I never did anything to
it, and welds rust pretty fast if left open, under a car, in winter, exposed to
salt and snow and everything.
    HTH!
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI