Re: Oxy Sensor Test

its in yer Bently dude, I just did this test like 4 hours ago :)
I think it tests your oxy control computer (again, check bently), you hook
a dwell meter to your 02 tester port (blue w/ white stripe), unplug the
temperature control sensor (the 2 spade connector jobbie going to the
heater hose), and unplug the o2 sensor. take the connector that was plugged
into the 02 sensor and put in on the + side of a 1.5 volt D with the - side
on the intake manifold. the dwell meter should go to like 80 dwell units or
something (Check the Bently!!). Theres a few more tests, but thats the only
one that uses a battery. I set my CO mixture screw w/ the dwell meter and
it runs a LOT better. I let it switch back and forth at the rich condition,
but as the rpms rise it leaned out more, so now it's good. It was running
crappy before when I had it way too rich. That's what I get for setting it
the half-as--I mean Josiah way..  hehehe :)

At 11:31 AM 12/30/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Could someone please describe for me the test for an oxy sensor that is
>done using a battery.  I watched a guy do this in a shop one day and he
>correctly diagnosed that my sensor was bad.......
>
>Brian Honnold
>'78 Rocco Ragtop
>

>--

Kevin Fry roccin '81 S 1.8
"You are what you drive- Cadillac- All Others: A Buick Park Avenue is too
young and sporty for me."