Re: Cheep 16s!

>> when buying closeout wheels, look for size first, then offset, then
lug
>> pattern.  Sometimes they can modify the pattern but not the offset...
>
>What about spacers? Are they bad?
>
>Ed

Well, different people have different opinions about them.
I think that if you're going to run spacers, you should have hubcentric
and 'wheel'-centric spacers.

Where I used to work, we had a machinist make up spacers to the desired
thickness and diameter of the wheel. He would measure the hub on the car
and make the backside of the spacer to that dimension. On the 'front' of
the spacer he made it a push-fit to the wheel. It kinda 'clicked' into
the wheel... kinda like a wheel extention...

It worked really well, it may have been over kill...

We did have some vibration problems with the universal spacers-

but as usual, YMMV.

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com
      VW PHOTOS!     http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta uGLi, 87 Foxwagen