tie rod ends

just a quick question- when i replaced my spindle last weekend i noticed
that my tie rod end was crimped on and was nonadjustable.  How do i
replace this?  i had to beat the crap out of the thing just to get it
off the old spindle and i wound up destroying the rubber boot on it.
(with a torch no less!!)
also what is the difference between the list and the "digest"? i would
like to less than 200 messages in my box every night when i get home.
thanks
dennis

Drives VW's, but when i can't drive you'll find me at the Landsdown
Subway Dept.