RE: Windage tray vs Oil Pan

windage trays keep the oil from interfering with the rotation of the
crank counterweights, which causes little air bubbles in the oil and
drag on the crank...  this really shouldn't happen unless you overfill
the oil or under very high G turns, and i've never had a problem with
foamy oil...  replace the oil pan gasket with a rubber one, TT has it
for i think 20 bucks or less...

chris
86 16V scirocco