Re: Grounding Cold Start valve?? (Dont do it)

> So, I shouldn't mess with it.
> How about if I have the extra ground just for winter usage??  say till temp
> is reaches into 40's again.
> Rich

   I wouldnt do it.  Chances are the grounding wire isnt your problem,
size that is.  There isnt a lot of current in that circuit.  If you had
your cold start valve permanently grounded, your car, when hot, would have
a hard time starting or it may not start at all (flooding).  I tried this,
so I know  =)  If you arent sure the cold start is working, simply remove
the cold start vavle, place it into a jar so the fuel doesnt spray
everywhere, manually ground the wire that goes from the cold start to
the thermo time switch.  Take off the wire that goes to the starter
solenoid.  Jumper the fuel pump (L13 and L14 I think) and then place a
wire from the + side of the battery into the wire you took off for the
starter solenoid.  The starter solenoid wire is connected to the cold
start power wire, so rather than turning the ignition and starting the
car, you can just put a jumper wire into the starter solenoid wire to
get juice to the cold start.  Once you have that setup, you can then
jumper the fuel pump.  If cold start works, fuel should come out.  If
it doesnt, you probably have a faulty cold start valve.  I would also
put an ohmeter on the wire that goes from the cold start to the
thermo switch just to make sure it isnt busted.  Also, with the fuel pump
running and no power to the cold start valve, it shouldnt leak.  Let me
know if you want me to get more detailed...

 Andre'
 Neon Green 79 w/ fixed cold start thanks to Verne and William  =)