Re: throttle body/power windows

Well, for one thing the extra intake runner would pose a BIT of a
problem.  And unless you have your injection on the passenger side,
the manifolds off of the later GTI's that had the larger TB won't
work either.

> From:          "noodle noggin" <scirocco82@hotmail.com>
> To:            scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject:       throttle body/power windows
> Date:          Sat, 26 Dec 1998 19:34:07 PST

> heya, I just came back from the junkyard (wwwoooooowwwwwwwwweeeeeeee) I
> love it there. My questions are this: if the audi 5000 TB fits the
> standard VW intake why can't I just use the audi intake? Then I would
> not have to port match them. I have seen in the catalogs where you can
> buy the Audi intakes for the A1. Also what year of GTi had the larger
> TB? Can I use their intakes? There were about three or four Audi 5Ks
> there with complete systems. Anything else I might use off them?
>
> My other question: I saw a few VW Quantums there with power everything.
> How much work would it be to change the windows over to my '82 rocco?
> Looks like everything would bolt up. I think I would have to use
> diferent cables for the windows, as the Quantums looked smaller than
> mine. I am not sure just from a quick once over. Is the vaccum system
> that controls the power door locks and hood dificult to retrofit into my
> car. Looked like it might be.
> ummmmm...I thinks thats it.
> thanks
>

> c-ya,
> dave
>
> '82 Scirocco
> For some cool music check out
> http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/james/153/index.html
> "It takes a big man to cry, it takes an even bigger man to laugh at
> him." -Jack Handey-

                   Kris Rayner
                1984 VW Scirocco
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
             "The futures in the air,
             I can feel it everywhere,
          blowing with the Wind of Change."
                   - Scorpions