need suggestions for a 'maintinence' brake problem :)

	Since my Scirocco has been long overdue for some maintinence a problem has
fittingly surfaced. I cant believe i went 3 months with almost no problems! :)

	Its has to do with my brakes. I've had a good firm pedal for 6 months, but
now SOMETIMES when I push the pedal it takes about 2-3 inches more travel
than normal to 'catch', but sometimes it works normal! Very disconcerting
as you can imagine. I can pump it up once and it will feel good when it's
happening, but usually after I haven't used them for a bit if I apply the
brakes, the problem occurs. It still feels good and solid, I can lock my
15's up, but the pedal is just almost at the floor. If I hold it at the
bottom the pedal doesn't sink no matter how much pressure I put on it.
	It feels to me like all the wheels are braking (both circuits working) but
i'm not positive. I felt the brakes when I got home, and the fronts were
warm (same on both sides) and the drums were both cold.

	Keep in mind I have new pads, rotors, I rebuilt the calipers 6 mos ago,
good shoes, good drums, new wheel cylinders (8mos), fairly new rear brake
hardware, new parking brake cables(8mos) properly adjusted. And of course
the whole thing has topped off and recently flushed fluid, castrol GT/LMA..

	I'm leaning towards master cyl, but i want suggestions. There is no
leakage around the m/c.

Please help me! I dont want to suddely lose the brakes and have some damn
SUV total my car!

Kevin Fry roccin '81 S 1.8
"You are what you drive- Buick Riviera: I like to make a statement by
driving an ugly car, and the Toyota Supra is too small.