RE: RE: Headlight aiming

this was in raleigh, NC.  i grew up in charlotte, NC, and it was the
same thing.  every year i would have to reinstall my cat on my fiat
X1/9, along with all the vacuum hoses to the carb.  it ran like shit,
but it passed inspection.  when i got home, i would take everything back
off again, ran much better.  0 to 60 in about 11 seconds, with no cat, a
tiny little glass pack.  it spit fire when i shifted, too!  i think NC
is pretty bad, but i would expect CA to be the worst!  but form what i
read, all the cally guys are passing inspection with no problem?  i
don't understand that.  i always got hassled in NC, one time because i
had i TINY leak AFTER the cat, and the guy said it couldn't pass
emissions, even though it was AFTER THE CAT!!  pissed me off bad...

chris
86 16V scirocco