Re: [TRANNY] Scrubbing noise with clutch in

---Daun Yeagley III <vwpilot@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I don't *think* so because the car only makes this sound when the clutch
> pedal is depressed.
>
> Daun
>
> >I say wheel bearing.  It will eventually turn into a whump-whump-whump.
> >
> >jim

I had one like this once, a mechanic friend of mine thought it might be my
transmission or pressure plate.  It turned out to be 2 bad inner CV joints.
Just on the outside possibility, check for play in your drive shafts with
the front of the car up in the air (take appropriate cautions).  There
shouldn't be any clicking or free play in the CV joints.

==Brett