RE: new installs--woohoo!

>Also made a short shifter and weighted bar from extra parts.  Woohoo!!  Man,
>is the shift short, but it is sooo damn nice!  I will join the chorus..DON'T
>BUY A SHORT SHIFTER,  MAKE IT!  Total cost was about $12.  $9 for the bar of
>lead (1.5 lbs) and $3 for extra shifter parts from the junkyard.  Oh yeah, I
>love it!  Thanks to those who have posted your S.S. designs on the web.
>Gotta love free info.

hell yeah boieeeeee.  made my own too, also chopped the shifter down
with a hack saw and put a heavy metal knob (why yes, it DOES have AC/DC
stamped on it....) on it, feels great.  for the weights on the rod i
just used two very heavy bars of steel i found, duct taped them very
tightly and put 3 hose clamps around that.  ugly!!!  who cares, you
can't see it!!  total cost of complete short shift system:  $8.00 for
shift knob...

chris
86 16V scirocco