Re: how do you guys pass inspection? was RE:PVC hose

Depending on the year of the car, the emissions requirements leave a lot
of room for umm - 'adjustment'.  Mid 1980's and earlier have max levels
of hydrocarbons at 400ppm and carbon monoxide around 1.5% ( this might
vary by state - I don't know ).
Anyway, a well tuned VW will show mabye 30 HC ( hydrodarbons ) and .2% CO
( carbon monoxide ).   They will also pass the sniffer before the cat.
You see where this is going?  The cat just has to be there.  I think only
in CA. is a cam illegal for just having it on the street.  A cam usually
doesnt dramatically change emissions and when was the last time an
emissions inspector pulled a valve cover and...

good luck.