Woo hoo! I ordered my cam!

Hi everyone,

I ordered my new cam last night.  Crane 280 degree race cam with .429
(I think) lift.  They claim it still allows the engine to idle
"moderately", so I'll probably bump up my idlea notch.  I pick up my
intake tonight from the bead-blaster ... I should have the final
polish done this weekend, so I can bolt in my cam, intake and Audi
5000 throttle body.

Woo hoo!  My '86 should really go like stink now.  :-)  The cam is
designed for peak powerband in the 3000 to 6500 RPM range.  With the
header on my car, this should be schweet.  Now I just need to find a
poly front engine mount (anyone know where I can get one in Canada -
preferably Ontario?) so I can keep the engine from bouncing all over
the place.

Cheers,
-- Michael Helms

'81 Scirocco - the fixer-upper
'86 Scirocco - the daily driver

Web Site:  http://www.continuum.org/helms

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, you
can better serve your country by living somewhere else."  - Dr.
Stompin' Tom Connors