Re: Oil intercooler leaks

In a message dated 12/17/98 12:38:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dan@hobbyetc.com writes:

<< I think the intercooler on my 16V is leaky.  I have a pile of oil on the
bottom of my engine and i am pretty confident that there is oil getting into
my coolant. (there is always this grey slime in the reservoir).  Not to
mention i need to add a quart every two weeks.

 Do any of you lost souls have experience with these?   >>
Grey slime is one thing... you should change your coolant and see what becomes
of it. While you're at it, clean out the coolant resiviour(sp?) with a hose.
IMHE, oil in the coolant looks like chocolate milk.  Ok, on to the leak.  We
just talked about this oil cooler a couple weeks ago.  I suggested to check
the oil pressure switch(the white one) on top of the housing.  Wouldn't you
know it that less than a week later I had that exact same leak myself. Oil
went EVERYWHERE and i lost a quart in one day on the highway.  I thought....
CRAP.. there goes my oil cooler finally but loooo & behold it was just the
switch again.  So... HTH and if its not the switch then sorrry cause i can't
help ya  :-)
Dan May
8716VScirocco 95.5Tacoma4x4
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87