'81 For Sale ... Follow up.

    Alright, a couple days ago, I mentioned that I spotted an '81 for sale.
Well, I went and checked it out tonight, and here is what I learned.

    The body seems very straight.  Actually, feels more solid than mine.
Anyway, there is a little rust on the left wheel well.  I was wearing
clothes I did not want to get dirty, so I opted not to check out the
underbody.  Now, on to mechanics:

    The owner claims the engine was rebuilt about 30K miles ago.  And it
feels pretty strong.  Idles a bit high, but what is new.  Also, claims that
a new clutch was put in, but I am not real sure here.  It may just be out of
adjustment, as the guy thought it was a hyd. system.  I did not want to get
into fixing the car, so I just drove it that way.  The brakes felt decent,
but need to travel a lot before they stop.  Only real major obvious problem
I found was that the exhaust needed some help up by the engine.  Ok, I have
babbled on enough.  If you want to know anything specific, just ask.

    The owner is a nice guy, but knows nothing about what he has.  For an
Indiana car, I am really impressed.  He said it was stored a lot, and it
would have to have been to look that nice.  He is asking $650, and my gut
feeling is that he will probably go about $500.  I do not need another car,
so someone go buy this car so I do not have to.

Later,

Matt