Re: installing jetta rear handles on rocco

Im just guessing, but couldn't you use the rear, lockless handles off a
rabbit or JettaI?

Mr. Bastard-
Tell me about yer big bumpers on the Jetta. Do they fit OK? Are there
gaps? Are you running fender flares? Did you mount them on the stock
Jetta bumper? Inquiring minds want to know....

>it's real easy to do.  i can't give you step-by-step, cuz it's been
>about a year since i did this mod to my beautiful 16V (RIP).
>
>	anyways, the little latch on the inside that trips the release
>mechanism is shorter on the a2s than on the a1s.  simply swap the latch
>from the a1 into the a2 (that plus maybe a couple of other things...)
>and you're set.  it's not difficult at all.  i'm stoopid, and i did it
>with absolutely no problems at all.  also, be careful about the springs
>and other little pieces that may pop out at you.  take your time and be
>careful, and in 20 minutes to an hour you should have a sweet de-locked
>rocco.  *sigh*....i miss my roc....
>
>jason
>the mad bastard
>
>> K guys, i have a problem.  I bought a set of rear handles (the
lockless
>> ones) a while back when i bought my power locks.  I was told when i
bought
>> them that they would fit no problem, and I even remember putting them
on
>> the car for a few days on the passenger side to see how it looked,
and i'm
>> sure i could open the door properly.  But now that i have my power
locks
>> installed, they don't work.  the fit on the door fine, but don't
engage the
>> door opening latch!!  Am i going nuts or what.  because i'm sure they
>> worked before.  i dunno.  Has anybody installed these handles on
their car
>> before?  Do you have to bend the latch or something?
>
>--

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen