more fuel problems

hey all,
when you pull the injector line off the fuel disrtibuter, should fuel be
pumped out the distributer when the pump is on? Mine doesn't. I checked
for spark at the coil and the plugs, I have spark, the cold start plug
has plenty of fuel (oops actualy I didn't take the plug out just the
fuel line off) if the plug is clogged would that cause an engine not to
start? Checked fuel pump, working great (about 6 or so ounces in couple
of seconds) fuel accumalator working I think, I took the fuel line from
the bottom of the distributer (coming from the accumaltor) lots of fuel.
Any ideas? I know with carbs I could pour gas into the throat and see if
it started to be sure it was fuel prob, but I don't know much about CIS.
Thanks for the previos replys.
sorry if these are basic questions and have been covered before.
c-ya,
dave

82 scirocco