RE: Thermostats! Which one?

i would stick with what you have (180) unless your car is prone to
running hot.  192 is too hot IMHO.....  and no, the thermostat won't
cause the oil light to come on, unless your car is overheating.....which
may be caused by a bad thermostat.  but even then it shouldn't come on
unless you are running very thin oil (10W30) or you have another
problem...

86 16V scirocco