Re: 80 roc

I dont know what 'tartan' means, but my 'S' seats have black bolsters and
the center part is verticle red and black strips. looks like a cool design,
even 18 years later! Now those 1974 plaid seats.. ugh.... dont get me
started!!

About the rear suspension: I'm not much on suspension, i'm more of an
engines guy, but i remember reading early VW articles and they talk about
'self-steer' or something with a 'negative-roll radius'. I dont have a clue
what this is but if i remember correctly it's caused by the rear track
being a few inches skinnier than the front.
Maybe this will jog someones memory

At 02:32 AM 12/8/98 EST, you wrote:
>In a message dated 12/7/98 8:41:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
>scirocco.gtx@juno.com writes:
>

>>  Every Scirocco sold after 1977 or so has the "lumbar adjustable" (height
>>  adjustable) seats - this is not unique to the "S" models.
>>
>>  If it is an "S", it has red badges front & rear, blacked out chrome, and
>>  seats with separate bolsters and seat cushions (recaro style).
>>
>>  Also, the side moldings have a red stripe in them.
>>

>Didn't S models also have that tartan design seat material? It was a diff.
>kind that on normal models.
>
>TBerk
>owner of a stealth S recreation
>
>--

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S JH -- turbo soon to come!
      San Diego, CA
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."