Few things...

Ok I've had my rocco for about 10 months now and it works great but I just
wanted to ask some really stupid questions.

Before my  86 rocco 8v I had an 87 jetta 8v and that was what I base my
questions on.

First of all I dont have to push down to put my shifter into reverse. It all
works fine but could that mean something in the linkage is going and would
need to be replaced? I pop it into reverse a few times a day and i'm not
having any probs but it was on my mind.

Second, any way to keep the interior vibrations/noise down? Engine mounts
are still soft but everything in the car rattles like a bitch esp at 900
rpm.

My jetta never did this but its probably normal but if it isnt tell me, when
i give the car any gas i get a reasonably audible noise on the drivers side
and gets louder when i give it more gas, obviously has to do with the fuel
being pumped in but i never heard it on the jetta so...

Speaking of 900rpms here's my idle situation, i have it adjusted so when i
first start it its at normal (950-1000), but after it gets warm it'll idle a
1700 and if i shut the car off and start it again after it was idling at
1700 it will then idle at 150-200 rpms. I know my stabilizer valve is shot
but my mechanic got a quote of $217 just for the part. Anyone know where i
can snag a working one cheap?

Ok Ok this message makes me sound like a complete idiot about cars and I'm
not but oh well, I just wanted to know about this shit.

Duffy Penski
86.5 8v
mpcd@mediaone.net