Re: 16V rocco "tucked in" rear wheels...

Hello,

I am driving with 2x15mm PowerTech
wheelspacers on rear axle.
( 205/50 15" ET25 front & rear)
I have them since 1994 and have driven 80.000km
without having any problems with the bearings.

I did this modification mainly due to "cosmetic"
reasons ( tire should be aligned with the wheel-wells)
but there is no negative influence on handling or wear.

IMHO if you want to buy wheelspacers, try to get
PowerTech or similar, which are TÜV approved and designed
for the Scirocco. Low quality can be dangerous here !

best regards
Dirk Schneider
'83 53b GTX
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/index.htm

>ever notice the rear wheels on 16V sciroccos (and i guess all of
>them...) are more "tucked in" than the front wheels?  it's not that big
>a deal, but i think it would look a lot better if they were flush like
>the front wheels...  i was thinking about putting a spacer on them (10
>to 15mm), but i decided against it because the load on the wheel bearing
>wouldn't be balanced anymore and may wear them out faster (and i don't
>want to ruin anything for purely cosmetic reasons...)  but i am debating
>another more far fetched idea that seemingly should work...
the message.