Re: T/S/D Rally

Chris Chemidlin wrote:

> So, how'd you do in that TSD rally a few weekends ago?

Well, we did have a blast! And guess what? You're UGLi (cracked front cross
member and all) would have been just fine. That was definitely NOT a
ProRally or anything close. There were no jumps ("Yumps" in rally speak), no
huge triple catuion pot holes, etc. There *were* a lot of sand and dirt
roads in the middle of nowhere with plenty of tail sliding to go with it.

We got buried up to the frame in "sugar sand' (dry quick sand) for about an
hour and a half but its all good! A Jeep Wrangler guy pulled us out and then
it was back to the mayhem! I found out the hard way that my very exotic $150
Michelin Pilot rally tires *SUCK* in deep-loose sand. The optimum tire for
this rally would have been some 185/60/14 snow tires. Of course this is a
shitty size for the *snow*, but...

I was absolutely amazed at the range of different types of rally cars. There
was this one guy in a *lowered* Honda Del Sol with 16" Konig GTR rims (DNF
after getting stuck one too many times), a stock '89 Pontiac Grand Prix
(Mom's grocery getter), a stock '85 Nissan Sentra, etc. Yeah, there were a
few ProRally cars including a 250ish hp+ (fire-spitting) Audi 4k Quattro
Turbo, but most cars were far more pedestrian.

You'd have been fine. Come on out next time! That goes for EVERYBODY else,
too.

> Do you want those Jetta springs? You can have them, I'm moving and the
> house is getting packed up (aka: disaster area)- if you want 'em- come
> and get 'em!

Yeah, baby. You're referring to those taller than stock springs, right?
Where do I find you? When can we hook this up?
--
"Dread" Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut