Re: side mirror replacement and maintenance

Replacement Side mirrors are quite cheap. Don't go to
the dealer. Any autoglass place can get you a mirror to
fit. Mine were $27CAN each side, specifically made for
the Fox and Scirocco. I just glued them on top of the
existing mirror as they are quite thin and this was the
easiest thing to do..They look perfectly stock, power mirror
works well..The only prob. is that the heated mirror doesn't
work as well as the heat has to now conduct through 2 mirror
bodies to melt the snow and ice. If this means a lot to you
and you want to save the heated mirrors, you prob. have to
invest more time and try to take the heating elements of the
old mirror and retrofit..I didn't bother with that..or
mortgage the house to get a replacement from VW. HTH,

Kareem
'88 16v