[tech] stuck valve cover

	Noticed an ever increasing amount of oil leaking from the valve
cover so I decided to change it after changing my oil.  After removing all
of the 10mm nuts, I can't get the cover off.  Then I notice blue gasket
sealer where the excess had oozed through the stud holes.  I tried to
gently pry up a corner with a screwdriver but it doesn't budge.  Is there
some way to unstick my cover?  I'm assuming that if I really lever on the
cover to remove it, it will get warped and hence will never properly seal
again.  Should I get a spare cover on hand for the worst case scenario?  If
so, which cars will make acceptable donors?
	Is a rubber/silicone(?) valve cover gasket available for my 1.7L EN
motor (stock '81)?
	When I was removing my upper timing belt cover, I couldn't get it
past the AC drive belt.  Is there a way to loosen the belt without taking
apart the crankshaft pulley and its attendant shims?  I ended up cutting
the belt since the AC isn't working now.  Thanks for any help, benton-----