Re: <TECH> Electrocution!!!

In a message dated 12/3/98 4:51:13 PM Pacific Standard Time, htay@indiana.edu
writes:

>  Just got electrocuted by my spark plug.... luckily i was wearing rubber
>  shoes...
<snip>

>  also this may sound stupid...  but it seems that my battery is spewing
>  acid....  but the thinh is that it is suppose to be maintainence free
>  kind....  anyone know whats up???  i had thought that it was my radiator
>  that was leaking...  but it turns out that it was the battery...  i am
>  hearing gurgling sound coming from the battery top cover... and there are
>  lots of fluid there too...  someone please tell me that i am not
>  insane........
>
>  Alfred
>  85 8v rocco

If batteries get overcharged they will 'boil' or bubble. Even maintenance free
batteries need a check now and then. Is it possible you have done the
renew/augment of your electrical charging and ignition systems? This may help
a poorly charging system to act right, even if your battery is not running w/
a low charge it is possible that the resistance in the charging system may be
forcing the alt to 'push' at a higher rate.

hth,
TBerk